Young Professional – Livelihood (State Level)
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries show their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises as well as the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana. We are recruiting to fill the following position, Young Professional – Livelihood (State Level)
Also In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in activities such as providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. Hence, We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial likewise government and public services.
Location: Nigeria (Abia, Edo, Kebbi, Niger, Ogun, Taraba)
Job Type: Contract
- The Young Professionals will provide support to strengthen the quality of implementation of each of the components of the Project.
- The young professionals will deliver technical leadership in developing anchor sector strategies, implementation plans, knowledge products and other documents as required.
- They will ensure that project interventions are performed as planned and to bring about the desired impacts as listed in the project results framework through monitoring, evaluation, research and documentation of lessons learnt.
Provide support in the following:
- Preparation of needs and response analysis in order to put together the right framework for policies and procedures.
- Diagnosis of livelihood interventions in the state and identifying key areas specifically for proposed project
- Conceptualizing thematic policies and developing strategies for the proposed project
- To build up strategies to promote livelihoods through various kinds of partnerships that would allow for sector based technical assistance
- Develop guidelines/training manual for the participatory planning at the village level to develop livelihood plan.
- Identify State and LGA specific livelihood opportunities and resource institutions for the various target groups
- Provide strategic technical leadership in developing livelihood sector strategies, implementation plans, monitoring plans and knowledge products.
- Provide advice and inputs in strengthening program staff capacity in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of livelihood activities as well as other components of the program as required.
- Suggest approaches to enhance the quality of existing livelihoods programs, drawing on international and local best practice.
- Support with developing M&E tools in order to monitor and evaluate programs and conducting assessments of livelihood projects by using efficient methodology Identify technical gaps in knowledge and skills among staff and partners and develop capacity to make the recipients self-sufficient.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the National Project Coordinator
- Minimum of First Degree or Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Economics or related field
- A professional qualification will be added advantage
- Minimum of 6 years multistate relevant experience in the field of livelihoods with poverty reduction programs/project being run by the government/large NGOs/reputed corporate entities or donor agencies.
- Proven skills in livelihood sector analysis, activities implementation design & process steps, mapping & needs assessment surveys, monitoring and evaluation plans, and action plans.
- Past performance in supervision, training and coaching staff in livelihood programming and results-based project management.
- Sound knowledge of participatory methodologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both speaking and oral) in English and the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and achieve results through collaboration.
- Strong analytical skills, including experience leading economic & livelihood assessments in a recovery context.
- Proven skills in providing capacity development support to local partners.
- Previous working experience in Nigeria.
- Languages: Fluency in both written and spoken English.
Note: Applicants should specify their state of interest.
How to apply
Lastly, Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: However Applicants should specify their state of interest.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.